Click on a question below, to drop down to the answer.
The Association of International Wealth Management (“AIWM”) is a non-profit association established to encourage, promote and strengthen global education in the wealth management industry and to set a globally recognised standard for the qualification of private banking professionals.
The Association is a development of the renowned Swiss Financial Analysts Association (SFAA). The AIWM now has more than 3,500 members including financial and investment fund analysts, asset managers, wealth managers and fund managers.
The AIWM seeks to achieve its objectives by:
- Facilitating research and high-quality education and training in the field of international private banking
- Providing an internationally recognised certification in the wealth management/private banking field, the Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM®)
- Establishing a Code of Conduct governing the work and activities of members
- Providing members with opportunities for continuing professional development
- Developing a worldwide member community
- Fostering the exchange of information and experience between members and partners
- Cooperating with national and international partners
- Representing the Association’s interests vis-à-vis governmental and regulatory authorities and the public at regional, national and international level
- Communicating actively between members, partners, media representatives and the public
- Assisting wealth owners in identifying appropriately trained professionals to help address their wealth management needs
All AIWM members accept the obligation to uphold and abide by the association’s Code of Conduct. This is to demonstrate that their conduct is governed by the highest standards of ethical behaviour and professionalism.
Violating the association’s Code of Conduct can lead to the expulsion from the association.